Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 2 Notes

Computer Hardware

Since I have no background in computers, I found this article difficult to understand.  Certainly I've heard of many of the components, and thought that I had some idea of what they do, but looking at the definitions I realized that I know a lot less than I thought I did.  This is something that I'll have to explore further to make sure I understand.  Perhaps the optional textbook will give me further information.

Moore's Law

I thought that this article was very interesting.  It's amazing to me how people are able to predict the future far in advance, and even more interesting to see that it is coming true.

Computer History Museum

Wow--this place is amazing!  I didn't have a long time to look at everything, but I will definitely be going back to view things more in-depth.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, you are definitely not alone in your feeling of not having an extensive working knowledge of computer hardware! The article about Moore's law makes clear how complex these technologies are. Fortunately, we have things like Wikipedia to provide explanations of the basics!

    ReplyDelete